The Breakfast of Champions
1. Tell God you are glad “He” is your heavenly Father: Lord, I am thankful that you are my heavenly Father. Matt. 5:43-48 Matt. 6:1-4 14-15, 25-34 Luke 6: 35-36 John 14:23 Gal. 4:4-7, Jesus, I am thankful that You are my Savior. Ps. 18:2 Holy Spirit, I am thankful that You lead me and guide me to all truth.
2. Give God worship and praise: Lord, I worship you for who you are and all that you have done. Then praise Him for everything that comes to mind. Ps. 100 Matt. 27: 50-51 Eph. 2:11-22.
3. Choose something that you are especially thankful for and tell Him how grateful you are: Lord, I thank you that you are more powerful than anything I face or any enemy that opposes me today.
4. Give your day to the Lord: Lord, I give my day to you and ask you to bless it in every way. I put you in charge of my day please help me walk through it with great success.
5. Present yourself to the Lord: Lord,” I present myself to you this day as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to you.” Rom. 12:1. help me be a good steward of this temple of your spirit. I acknowledge my dependence on you, spiritually, physically, mentally, and emotionally.
6. Confess your sins before God and ask Him to help you live in obedience to His ways: “Search me o God and know my heart. Test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there be any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.” Ps. 139:23-24. “How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep me from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin.” Ps. 19:12-13.
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:19.
7. Ask God to help you speak only words that bring life: Lord, may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart always be acceptable to you,” Ps. 19:14 may they bring life and truth to everyone who hears them. Lord, put a monitor on my mouth so that every word that proceeds from my lips is: God glorifying, loving, encouraging, comforting, kind, truthful, edifying, and wise.
8. Ask God for what you need: Lord, I ask you to meet all of my needs today. Specifically I ask for… Whatever it is you need.
9. Pray for God’s will in your life: Lord, may your will be done in my life this day. Please keep me in your perfect will, that I might not end up outside of it.
10 Pray for other people and situations: Lord, I pray for the following people … List all who come to mind. Lord, I lift up this situation to you… then ask all of these things in Jesus name. Amen!!!
When this is the way you start your day—no matter what the day brings—God’s presence, “His” hands, “His” strength are in it!
The Breakfast of Champions