FOUR WEEKS OF PRAYERS FOR YOUR AREA AND CHURCH
- Thank you, Father, that You are restoring the leaders in our area into leaders of truth and honesty and Christian purity. We pray for the cities in our area to be RIGHTEOUS and FAITHFUL cities.
- Father We are praying for and SEEKING the peace and welfare of our area. We are PRAYING to YOU for it and are trusting you that we will enjoy peace and welfare.
- Father, we declare that our area is being delivered from the evil of the enemy because the believers who acknowledge our poverty of spirit, we are not looking to our own wisdom, but drawing from the wisdom that is from You Lord.
- Father we declare that the believers in our area are not caught up in building their own houses and adorning them but are consumed with building YOUR house; and therefore, YOU are the KEEPER and GAURD of our area.
- Father, we pray that Our area will rejoice because You are looking over and impowering the uncompromisingly righteous. By the blessing of influence of the UPRIGHT, we ask you to lift up this area with Your blessing.
- Father, we pray that the believers in our area will be wise, so they can scale the city walls of the mighty and bring down enemy strongholds in which the world trusts.
- Father, purge our area of scoffers who would set it afire, inflaming the minds of the people. May Your people use Godly wisdom, to turn back the wrath of evil intentions.
- Father give us strong cities, where you surround them with salvation and set up walls of protection around them.”
- Father bring all people in this area to you, so we are cities REDEEMED by you.
- Father make the cities in our area, cities set on a hill, whose light cannot be hidden.
- Lord, we lift up our pastor to you. Thank you for his servant’s heart. Keep him from losing heart when ministry gets tough. Help him prove faithful with the things you have entrusted to him. Teach him your ways so that he knows You and finds favor with You as he leads us. Keep him open and honest before You and help him to represent the truth plainly.
- Lord, we lift up our Church Leaders to you. Help us respect and honor them as they direct the affairs of our church. May they wholeheartedly give their attention to prayer and ministry of the Word. Keep them above reproach, devoted to their families, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable and able to teach. May they be gentle and honest as they deal with people.
- Lord, we lift up our helpers to You. May they walk worthy of respect with sincere hearts. Keep them from indulgence and greed. Help them keep hold of truth. May they keep short accounts with You so that their conscience is clear. Bless their households with peace and respect. Fill them with Your Spirit and let them operate in wisdom as they carry out their responsibilities.
- Lord, I we lift up the adults in our congregation to you. May they live worthy of Your call on their lives. As we respond to that call, fulfill every purpose, every faith-filled act of service by Your power. May we be clothed in righteousness with hearts that sing for joy and delight greatly in you. We want to walk with you, Jesus, dressed in white, adorned with jewels.
- Lord we lift up the children and youth in our congregation to you. May the little ones remain humble examples of what we adults need to become in the kingdom. Let their conduct always be pure and right with reputations that show that they remember You, Creator God. Teach them to declare Your marvelous deeds. May they flee evil desires and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace.
- Lord, we lift the senior members of our congregation. Thank You for every gray hair attained by righteous living. We are blessed by their example and ability to train us. Help us to be humbly submissive as we benefit from their wisdom and understanding. Help them receive the strength and power You’ve promised to the weary and week. May they put their hope in You and be renewed in the process.
- Lord, we lift up the lost members of our congregation. Let the Gospel be presented to them not only through the sermon but with power, the Holy Spirit, and deep conviction. Teach us to make the most of every opportunity to share Your salvation. Help us to be the fragrance of Christ to them. We stand against the enemy and his attempts to keep them blinded to Your truth.
- Lord, we lift up our worship leaders. Appoint people to this position who understand the splendor of your holiness and praise You out of that understanding. Help them lead us faithfully in thanks for Your enduring love. Use their praise to defeat the enemy. May they be true worshipers You are looking for who worship in spirit and in truth. Let them glory only in You, Jesus, so that they put no confidence in their own flesh.
- Lord, we lift up the speakers and teachers in our church. May everyone who holds that position – pastors, Sunday school teachers, small group leaders, guest speakers – rightly divide Your Word of truth. Let them admonish and teach with wisdom. Reveal the mysteries of Your Word to them and encourage them to speak those mysteries courageously and fearlessly. Let them speak with a spirit of faith that springs from their relationship with you.
- Lord, we lift up our Woman’s Ministry. Encourage our older women to train the younger in family issues. Teach our women to be virtuous – women with gentle quiet spirits who put their hope in You. Let this ministry produce women who feel Your passion for them and who choose to spend time at Your feet. Train them to contend for the gospel side by side with the men.
- Father transform our area cities into FAITHFUL CITIES OF TRUTH, with their street’s full of new spiritual life.
- Father raise up Your people to rebuild our area. May the spiritual wasteland and devastation of many generations be replaced with Your power over our cities. May we be the repairers and restorers who dwell in Your spiritual renewal.
- Father, because You are the Holy and Just Creator of this world, IT and ALL of its fullness and ALL who dwell in it belong to You. We declare that “ALL” includes all the cities in our area.
- Father, You have said in your Word that NO CITY divided against itself will last or continue to stand. Therefore, in the Mighty Name of Jesus we rebuke you, spirit of division, over our area cities and we command you to flee. We cancel all of your assignments in the NAME OF JESUS. We loose UNITY, HARMONY, and, PEACE in Jesus’ name. Father, we declare that You Yourself are our PEACE – our bond of UNITY and HARMONY. You are making us ONE BODY and have broken down, destroyed and abolished every hostile dividing wall between us
- Father set up Your authority over this area. We call forth the Spirit of the Fear of the Lord to come upon ALL of the people in the surrounding cities, so that Your power would cover us all as ONE MAN.
- Father take away the impure speech of the inhabitants in this area and give us pure speech from pure lips that we may ALL call upon Your name.
- Father may Your people DWELL TOGETHER in UNITY in this area. We declare Your promise that because we are unified, You are commanding BLESSING upon us, even LIFE forevermore. We also declare Your promise that because we are ONE, NOTHING that we imagine to do is impossible for us.
- Father, we pray Your people in our area are ONE – PERFECTLY UNITED – just as You are in the Son, and the Son is in You, so that we are convinced and fully recognize that You have sent Your Son.
- Thank You, Father, that You are making Your Name known and revealing Your character – even Your very Self – to the people in this area, so that the SAME LOVE, which You bestowed upon JESUS is IN US and is felt in our hearts.
- Thank You, Father, that the mighty works You are bringing forth in our area are causing repentance and heart changes that will CONTINUE and REMAIN.
- Lord, we lift up our Men’s Ministry to You. Use this ministry to build our men in their faith. Teach them to be in right relationship with You and each other, to love their wives sacrificially and to instruct their children with patience. Encourage them to hold each other accountable as they carry each other’s burdens. May they speak the truth in love to each other even when it is hard.
- Lord, we lift up our Youth Workers. Let these young men and women set an example in their speech, life, love, faith, and purity. Cause them to be strong, alive-in-the-Word over-comers. Help them to have discernment as they deal with the young people in our church. Help them to notice any youth who lacks judgement, so they can teach them to value Your life-giving principles. Pour out Your Spirit on them.
- Lord, we lift up the people who work behind the scenes at our church. Thank you for every volunteer, who has devoted themselves to the service of the saints. Bless them for the obedience and generosity they have displayed – may You receive praise as a result! Keep them in an attitude of humility that comes from wisdom and wholehearted service to You rather than to be noticed by others.
- Lord, we lift up our children’s ministries to You. Create an atmosphere here that encourages our children to find You. Let the teachers be careful to remind each child of the marvelous things You have done. Cause everything they learn about you to become a part of them forever. May they consistently choose life and blessing each day because of the training they receive in our church. Keep them walking in the truth.
- Lord, we lift up the prayer focus in our church. Make us into a house of prayer. We desire to be clear-minded and self-controlled so that we can pray first, always, continually and thankfully. May everyone recognize that this is Your desire for all and not just a few. Use us to stand in the gap for others. Let there be prayer ministry among us that is powerful and effective.
- Lord, we lift up the spiritual temperature of our church. Revive us! Refine us so that we burn hot for You. Give us singleness of heart and action so that we always fear You and follow Your precepts. Pour out a spirit of Josiah on us so that we turn to You, heart, soul and strength. Open our minds to understand Your Word so that our hearts burn within us.
- Lord, we lift up the issue of our willingness to be led by Your Spirit. Holy Spirit, show us any way we are grieving, quenching, or resisting You. Convict us and lead us to level ground. Help us keep in step with You as we live by You. Reign in us so that we experience Your freedom. Lead us into grace, life, and peace.
- Lord, we lift up the use of spiritual gifts in our church. We eagerly desire spiritual gifts that You’ve given for our common good. Help us understand the various gifts and how they work. Teach us to use what we’ve received to serve others and faithfully administer Your grace – whatever form that takes. Help us to exercise our gifts in love, fanning into flame the gifts You’ve entrusted to us.
- Lord, we lift up our love for one another as a body. Help us to purify ourselves by obeying the truth so that our love for each other will be sincere, deep, and from the heart. May our love for one another prove that we are Your disciples. Give us a spirit of unity so that we may glorify You with one heart and voice. Help us accept one another as we clothe ourselves in love.
- Lord we lift up our church finances. May we sow generously into our church without reluctance or compulsion. Make all grace abound so we have all we need for every good work You’ve assigned us Make us rich in ways that result in generosity on our part, so You will be praised. Keep reminding us of Your promise to throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out blessing on all who bring the whole tithe into Your house.
- Father, we pray that the spiritual leaders of this area are COMMING TOGETHER to PRAY and SEEK YOUR FACE WITHOUT REGAURD TO DIVISIONS.
- 2 Father, You have said that as Jesus is, so we are in this world. Therefore, because He said that He was called for the purpose of preaching the gospel to CITIES and TOWNS, we, too, are called to THIS PURPOSE. Burn it into our hearts that we have been sent by You to this area to preach the gospel.
- Father, we declare that this area belongs to You! We pray that Your cities would yet again overflow with prosperity.
- Father, we call forth YOUR FIRE upon this area to devour its worldly strongholds
- Father send Your SPIRIT OF ELIJAH upon this area to turn back the hearts of the fathers to the children. We declare that ALL inhabitants of this area have a knowledge of and holy love for Your will.
- Father we pray that this area would be filled with men, women, and children who know, understand, and realize that You are the Lord, the Sovereign Ruler, and who follow You in loyalty and obedient service.
- Father, You have promised that Your people would renew the ruined cities, we pray that every area where there is ruin, whether in the spirit or in the natural, is RENEWED by Your mighty power at work within and through Your people.
- Thank You, Father, that you are destroying the schemes and confusing the tongues of those who would stir up strife and violence in our area.
- Father, we pray that the people in this area would flourish like the grass of the earth.
- Thank You, Father, that You are making the HUNGRY IN SPIRIT to dwell in this area, so that they may prepare a place for You to inhabit.
- Thank You, Father, that You are delivering and defending this area to save it out of the hands of the enemy for Your own sake and for the sake of Your people in this place.
- Thank You, Father, that You are raising up men and women in righteousness and directing them in how to build up our area.
- Lord, we lift up our outreach programs. Remind us to do good and share with others as a pleasing sacrifice to You. Keep us outwardly focused so we don’t become self-absorbed. Help us teach one another to be faithful ministers of Your Son. Help us to meet people wherever they have a need.
- Lord, we lift up the single parents in our church. May they know You as a Father to the fatherless and defender of widows! Let us be real family to them when they are lonely. Show us ways to include them and minister grace to them. Stir up practical ideas in us that show Your love and care. Help them to relax in Your grace and provision which is more than enough for every weakness and need.
- Lord, we lift up those who are hurting right now. May they come to know you as the God who comforts them. For every situation of rejection, help them feel sonship. Bind up the brokenhearted! In every area of bondage, set the captives free; in every case of mourning, replace it with Your oil of gladness. Comfort them so that they will have a ministry of comfort to others.
- Lord, we lift up every one of us who struggle with sin issues. Keep us from the enemy’s scheme of condemnation. Grant us repentance so that we can escape the trap of the evil one. Thank You that sin was done away with on the cross and that we are no longer slaves to it. Help us to throw off everything that entangles – help us run the race with perseverance.
- Lord, we lift up our priorities as a congregation. Give us ears to hear what Your Spirit is saying to our church. Open our eyes to see things as You see them. Help us move beyond issues of immediate need to pursuing Kingdom issues. Bring us to a place where “Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven” is more than just words we say.
- Lord, we lift up our church growth to You. Add to our number daily through people being saved. Birth spiritual children through us. Let our actions win people over without words. Use us as Your agents to rescue people from darkness and bring them into Your Sons Kingdom. We long to be worthy ambassadors in this ministry You have entrusted to us: that of proclaiming Your message of reconciliation to a lost world.
- Lord, we lift up our community, especially the surrounding neighborhood. Let us love these people as we love ourselves. May our concern for their needs override other things that take our time and focus. Rebuild and restore areas that have been devastated. Renew our community – send your peace and prosperity into this place where You have planted us. Bless each individual home and family. Build each house from the inside out; watch over our area.
- Lord, we lift up the Churches in our area. Thank You for creating the body as one unit made up of many parts. Help us understand the value of each part as You have arranged them. We confess that we’ve minimized other parts. Forgive us, for we are all baptized by one Spirit into one body. Help us to work at being one: concerned about one another – suffering with and rejoicing with other congregations as appropriate.
- Lord we lift up the Church in our Nation. We humbly unite and confess as one people – one Church called by Your name – that we have sinned. We’ve operated out of acquired wealth thinking we can do it on our own – but we are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked. We seek Your face, O God! Thank You for hearing and forgiving us. We wait on You for the healing of our land!
- Lord we lift up the Church universal. Father we claim the power of Your name over us so that we will be one, as You and Your Son are one. We want Your joy in full measure just as Your Son, Jesus, prayed for us. Help us live as though we are not of this world; sanctify us by Your Word. May we be brought to complete unity so that the World will know the truth of the gospel.
- Father, that You are stirr up the spirits of Your people to rebuild YOUR HOUSE in this area.
- Thank You, Father, for Your promise that EVERY place upon which the soles of our feet shall tread is OURS. Therefore, we boldly declare that this area belongs to Your people in order to bring You glory.
- Father let NOTHING TERRIFY us, even though there are those who would seek to WEEKEN OUR HANDS for the task through FEAR by surrounding us with councilors who would council against us to frustrate Your purpose and plans. BUT, NOW STREANTHEN OUR HANDS, Father. YOU are all we need – You are more than enough – to complete the task.
- Thank You, Father, that You are anointing Your people to be REPAIRERS OF THE BREACH in this area. In Nehemiah’s day, Jerusalem’s walls were torn down and its gates burned with fire. But, when the enemy of Israel saw that the BREACHES of the wall were being CLOSED. They became VERY ANGRY, because they realized that as soon as ALL the BREACHES were closed, the city would be IMPENETRABLE.
- Father, we will not be discouraged when we see the enemy become enraged, but we will see that his anger is a SURE SIGN of his INEVITABLE DEFEAT. Thank You that the intensity of the battle will press us into YOU, Father, and it will cause us to be all the more vigilante to set a watch against him day and night. We declare that we are ONE MAN, Father, and we will build and work on the wall with one hand and hold a weapon with the other hand.
- Give us a revelation that the wall around this area is a LIVING WALL made up of LIVING STONES, Your Body. Father, we ask that You would give us the grace to close EVERY BREACH caused by selfishness, competition, jealousy, division, enmity, strife, unforgiveness, gossip, backbiting, spiritual pride, doctrinal obsession, idolatry, or any other sin of Your church, so that this area will go down in history as a city that was set on a hill, whose light could not be hidden.
- We declare that NOT ONE of Your people in this area will turn away from the faith.
- Deliver us from all self-righteousness, apathy, fear, unbelief, and ANY OTHER SIN that would hinder the moving of Your Spirit in this place. Burn it into our hearts, Father, that our strength to stand against the onslaught of the enemy is NOT dependent upon the faith of a few or even many INDIVIDUAL BELIEVERS in this city, nor is it dependent upon INDIVIDUAL CONGERGATIONS. It is dependent upon the RELATIONSHIPS between those individual believers and congregations. Father, You have saved WHOLE CITIES in the past, and You are able to do it again. If there was HOPE for SODOM, for the sake of ten righteous, then there is HOPE for US
- Lord, we lift up our need for protection. Protect and deliver us from the evil one. Help us to be wise as serpents and as innocent as doves as we deal with the wolves around us. Show us how to test every spirit to see if they are from You. Help us recognize the enemy’s disguises and schemes so that he won’t outwit us.
- Lord, we ask You to help us as a church devote ourselves to prayer. Help us to always be watchful, looking for opportunities to pray and for your coming answers. Help us to always pray in an attitude of thankfulness, remembering it is Your Son Jesus who gave us access to Your throne room of grace.
- Father help us to always proclaim boldly that Jesus is the only hope for salvation. Give us the words in every interaction we have with people to make known the wondrous mystery of the Gospel. Help us to speak always in an attitude of love and not judgement.
- Thank You, Father, that you sent Your Spirit into this world to lead us into all truth. Help us to always remember You are God and that you seek worshipers who worship in spirit and truth. Let our worship of You always bring You glory and honor.
- Lord empower our leaders to humbly set forth a godly example for all to follow. Help them to serve out of their own willingness and eagerness. Help them to give us practical examples we can follow. Help us to consider their way of life and imitate their faith.
- Father, as we proclaim Jesus as our indwelling hope and glory. Help us to admonish and teach each other with all wisdom seeking that everyone will become mature in their faith. Help us to follow Your apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers as they prepare us for works of service, so we can faithfully build each other up, until we all reach unity in faith, knowledge of the Son of God, and maturity, attaining the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
- Thank You, Father, that the harvest for souls is plentiful and ripe. Forgive us were we have not gone out into the fields to join the harvesters. Lord of the harvest, as we go into the fields to harvest send out more workers to join with us and see the harvest come in.
- Father, we thank You that You have given us a revelation of who Jesus is and of how He is the foundation of the church. We trust you to build the church and we know that as you do the gates of hell cannot overcome it. Help us to flourish where you place us in the church, so we may add to its strength.
- Father help us to always be ready to give an account for the joy we have in our hearts. Give us words to speak in season and out of season so we may preach boldly, remembering the audience you have set before us. Help us trust that your truth will go forth and not come back void.